DIY Thieves Cleaning Fizzies
Certain chores around the house are less than desirable. For you, maybe it’s taking out the garbage or cleaning out the fridge, but we can all agree that cleaning the toilet isn’t something to look forward to. That’s why we’ve created the perfect solution that will leave your bathroom smelling fresh and clean like Lemon essential oil or Thieves® or Citrus Fresh™ essential oil blends.
This recipe for DIY cleaning fizzies isn’t limited to bathroom cleanup! You can also use it to clean out small-necked bottles or use it as a dish soak for a sink full of dirty pots and pans.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon Thieves Household Cleaner
- 40 drops Lemon essential oil or Thieves or Citrus Fresh essential oil blends
- 3 teaspoons V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex
- Ice cube tray or candy mold
1. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix evenly.
2. In a separate bowl, combine water, essential oils or blends, and V-6.
3. Pour liquids into a large bowl and whisk together until combined.
4. Use mixture to fill ice cube tray or candy mold about three fourths full. If mixture expands and spills over mold, gently replace into the mold.
5. Let sit overnight to dry in room temperature area. When dry, pop tablets out and store in a glass jar.
6. When needed, put a tablet in the toilet bowl, hard-to-clean bottles, or sink full of dishes to help clean and deodorize. Let tablet sit in bowl, bottle, or sink for 20-30 minutes to fizz and dissolve. Once dissolved, flush or rinse out.
Now you’re ready to clean without the slightest fuss!
Note: This recipe is not recommended for toilet tanks.