Before I get into how to make it, let me share a little bit about each ingredient, and how they work.
Apple Cider Vinegar : It contains alpha hydroxy acids that help to remove dead skin cells, making it an excellent toner. It can also be used for all skin types. For oily skin types and those prone to breakouts, it helps to reduce redness and kill the bacteria that causes pimples. For those with dry to normal skin, it actually helps to regulate the pH balance of the skin and keeps it from becoming too dry. And? It’s great for reducing the appearance of wrinkles over time!
Witch Hazel : WH is also a natural toner, and acts as an astringent to help shrink pores, moisturize skin, and reduce inflammation. Make sure the Witch Hazel you purchase is non-alcoholic, as alcohol irritates and dries out your skin.
Essential Oils : The best part of the toner! Essential oils are nature’s solution to so many of the issues we experience- from skin issues, to cranky kids before bedtime. You can read all about my experience with essential oils, and why I started using them here, and which oils I recommend.
- Lavender Essential Oil : Is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial, making it the perfect oil to prevent and treat breakouts! It also increases circulation and reduces redness.
- Frankincense Essential Oil : Often referred to as the “Fountain of Youth” oil. Helps lighten darks spots over time; reduces pore size and tightens the skin.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil : Natural astringent and toner; kills bacteria and enhances your skin’s glow!
YOU WILL NEED :
- 1.5 oz of Non-Alcoholic Witch Hazel (I love the Thayer’s brand)
- 1 tsp of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (make sure to get it with the Mother)
- Lavender Essential Oil – 12 Drops
- Frankincense Essential Oil – 12 Drops
- Lemongrass Essential Oil – 12 Drops
- 2 oz Amber Glass Spray Bottle (I buy these from Amazon)
TO MAKE :
Pour in 1 teaspoon of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar into your 2 oz amber spray bottle, followed by 1.5 oz of your Witch Hazel (you can always eyeball this- just make sure to leave room for your essential oils). Then, add in your essential oils. Stir the mixture with the spray lid to your glass bottle, and then add the lid onto the bottle. And then? You’re done! So easy, right?
TO USE :
Spritz onto a cotton pad or cotton ball and gently blot over your face after cleansing. Follow up with my DIY Glow Serum, or other facial serum. Then moisturize! I do this every AM and PM to get the best results.
And there you have your very own DIY toner for glowing skin! When all is said and done, it only costs $7.96 to make, including the cost of the bottle. Not bad for an effective toner that’s toxic free, and won’t damage your skin!
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ESSENTIAL OILS? Click here.