Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Mins
I love mushrooms! This amazing tartlet can be served as appetizer or as entrée … try it, it is delicious and your guests will love you for it!
Please follow and like us:
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a pie plate, bake the walnuts for about 8 minutes, or until lightly browned, then let cool and coarsely chop. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut out four 4-inch rounds about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the rounds to the prepared baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and set a baking sheet on top. Bake the pastry for about 25 minutes, or until it is cooked and browned; remove the pastry from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 400°.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions and cook, stirring, over moderately high heat for 4 minutes; then cook over low heat, stirring often, until soft and golden, about 50 minutes; let cool. In a food processor, coarsely puree the onions and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, blanch the mushrooms until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, pat dry and slice 1/4 inch thick. Make Ahead
- The recipe can be prepared through Step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Wrap the pastry rounds in plastic and refrigerate the onion-walnut puree. Serve With
- Frisée and herb salad.